The things you learn on NPR

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 1 19:16:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Bill Palmer <w_a_palmer at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> To appropriate a phrase from Wilson, "Youneverknow"

Thank, you, Bill! But, to give credit where credit is due, the credit
for introducing this to our pages is due to Larry.

I like Fats Waller's

"One never knows, do one?"

but, since it's a kind of joke, it got tiresome, after years of use.
So, I've picked up, instead, on Larry's cite of

"Youneverknow,"

once referred to by a non-native-speaker as his "favorite English word."

I admire Larry's restraint in not immediately making it clear that the
credit was his and giving me a chance to "do the right thing," to coin
a phrase.

--
-Wilson
–––