plug-in

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 5 14:36:36 UTC 2010

I would point out that the old "plus and socket" terminology seems
less intuitive when the plug is recessed in the device and the socket
is on the cord, as one finds with many laptop electrical cords.

I see "plug-in" as an attempt to find intuitive language, since the
motion of attaching the socket to the plug is like the motion of
"plugging in".

DanG