"People of color"

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 5 22:20:40 UTC 2010

Sorry to have misunderstood, Wilson. But in email, lacking intonation,
facial expression, and so on, it can be hard to recognize irony. So there
are various ways of showing it explicitly, two (three?) of which are

   - [irony] or is that "Semetic" [/irony]   (or angle brackets)
   - or is that "Semetic" ;-)

I didn't recognize your usage, which of course is ambiguous with real
uncertainty, lacking the abovementioned clues. From now on I'll try to
remember it.

m a m