Heard on Jerry Springer: European-American _BIN + PrP

Wed Sep 8 19:28:49 UTC 2010

This is extremely common in colloquial American English. Often it's no more than the assimilation of v/ the following /b/ (I have been > I've been > I been).
------Original Message------
From: Wilson Gray
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: ADS-L
Subject: [ADS-L] Heard on Jerry Springer: European-American _BIN + PrP
Sent: Sep 8, 2010 12:39 PM

Thirty-ish, Southern-white male speaker confronting his girlfriend:

"I_BIN cheatin' on_ you!"

I've heard this structure used by white speakers about as often as
I've heard the structure, "BIN_told_ you," as opposed to "BIN
_tellin'_ you," from black speakers: rarely.

Further deponent sayeth not.

--
-Wilson
–––