those otherwise

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 11 06:49:46 UTC 2010

  There has been considerable mocking of the "tea partiers" on liberal
blogs for the former's apparent inability to produce grammatically
acceptable printed (or scribbled) slogans. Linguistic challenges extend
to quotables as well--and not just for Sarah Palin.

Ed Brayton caught a line from recently deposed (for gay bashing) Montana
Tea Party leader Tim Ravndal:

http://bit.ly/9D5632
> "Marriage is between a man and a woman period! By giving rights to
> those otherwise would be a violation of the constitution and my own
> rights"

"Those otherwise" seems to be the main problem here, but it's not the
only one. Never mind the idiotic political implications--leave mocking
those to Brayton.

     VS-)