Not a teddy bear

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Sep 13 16:24:42 UTC 2010

I've been asking around, and even collected a few Twitter
with me that it only refers to the classic brown
gingerbread-man-shape bear, others think it can be any stuffed
toy bear, regardless of shape, texture, color, etc.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious correlation to age,
location, etc.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED