Quote: Our earth is degenerate in these latter days (antedating attrib Assyrian tablet 1922)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 13 18:12:59 UTC 2010

My only quibble is with your saying that this pseudo-quotation
   "*furnishes strong evidence* for a story that is 'too good to check'"
God forbid, you might find this post being quoted as evidence for YOUR
support for it! Better (imho) to say something like "is used in support of"
or "purports to furnish...".

m a m