better with each passing day

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 14 14:18:16 UTC 2010

In general, you have a point. For example, the three movies with the
greatest number of quotes in the 100 Greatest Movie Quotes are
Casablanca (1942), The Wizard of Oz and Gone With The Wind (1939).

There have been more recent periods when movies have infected the
culture. There were the comedies of 1980: Airplane, Blues Brothers and
Caddyshack. There was another period from 1986 to 1989 which was
filled with quotable movies, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off to Wall
Street to When Harry Met Sally.

There are also characters, like James Bond and Harry Callahan, that
worked their magic over multiple movies.

DanG