"Cheating yeast help group"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Sep 15 19:08:14 UTC 2010

At 9/15/2010 02:52 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>"New results show that yeast populations grow better when a few
>individuals cheat the system"

1)  Do "yeast" form its plural like "moose"?

2)  This sounds like an article Natalie Angier of the NYTimes might
write.  (See her on bogarting monkeys.)

3)   As mechanisms that help the species survive we have deception in
addition to altruism.

4)   And to the species using deception, previously including
primates, we must add yeasts.  (I have two tales of chimpanzees
exercising deceit, but one is not fit for delicate ears.)

Joel