pencilneck antedating

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 16 00:15:13 UTC 2010

1966 George Axelrod & Larry H. Johnson _Lord Love a Duck_ (film): That's
pretty funny with the light, pencilneck!

Also of interest: cashmere sweaters in satirical colors like "peach
put-down," "periwinkle pussycat," "midnight a-go-go," "turquoise trouble,"
and "papaya surprise."  Last week's _New Yorker_ had cartoon devoted to the
same subject nearly fifty years later.

And Ruth Gordon says, "My boy is a product of the California school system.
He couldn't write a sentence to save his life!"
Fitfully funny! With Tuesday Weld!

JL