wisdom effectively recycled

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 20 03:41:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â wisdom effectively recycled
>
> A paraphrase of many similar statements. Â Only three RGs, nothing in GB:
>
> 2009
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/nov/06/us-jobless-rate-hits-10-percent
> (Nov. 6):
> As the wise man once said, there are two ways to get rich: earn more or want
> less.
>
> JL
> --

Have you seen the articles in NewsTIME and elsewhere WRT to a study
that shows that an income $75,000 per annum buys happiness for today's
average American? More money may increase a person's self-esteem, but
it doesn't increase happiness, essentially defined as having enough
money not to have to worry about not having enough money.
--
-Wilson
–––