Jeep Bibliography -- (information from Jonathan Lighter)

Wed Sep 22 08:15:43 UTC 2010

Gerald Cohen wrote:

> It seems clear that a comprehensive treatment of ³jeep² might be in
> order, and as a very preliminary step towards this goal I now forward an
> exchange of e-mails I had today with Jonathan Lighter (in reverse
> chronological order).  My thanks to Jonathan for his helpfulness in
> this.

As one possible starting point, may I tentatively put forward my own,
popularly written, introduction to the history of the word:

  http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-jee1.htm

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words