tousled

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 20:14:16 UTC 2010

That "Caucasoid" bit occurred to me too, but if "tousled" is expanding its
meaning, it could apply to a large Afro as well. In that case it could mean
something like "uncombed," which seems very plausible.

I probably wouldn't call Einstein's hair, or Paderewski's, "tousled" (I'd
call it "long," even "wild," or a "mane") but I'm just one crank.
Stereotyped hippie hair wouldn't be "tousled," either, unless mildly messed
up,"uncombed" in a slightly different way.

As you say, Wilson, "Youneverknow."

JL