derry-do

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 25 21:43:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> _Never So Few_ (1959)

I saw that movie at a post theater at Fort Leonard Wood,MO, back in
'59. Quelle coincidence! The "flick" (according to Mario Pei, a
borrowing from Britspeak) was laughed at, since we knew that Sinatra
hadn't served a day in The War, 4-F because of a burst eardrum. Even
During The War, Sinatra concerts caused riots in NYC, if the fleet was
in port.

--
-Wilson
–––