"clean the place" as in "let's get together"

Ry Rivard ryrivard at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 26 18:35:16 UTC 2010

I'm a newspaper reporter in West Virginia. Last week, I went to a
meeting in the southern part of the state that began contentiously.
During the meeting, the subject of some of the tension said he likes
to put things in the past, get together, and "clean the place." It was
clear he did not literally mean to wash or tidy up anything.

For instance, he said re: some of the divisions in the group, "I say,
maybe the next time we'll all be together and we'll clean the place."

I didn't have a chance to ask -- though I may call someone on this
later this week -- but is anyone familiar with "clean the place"?

--
Ry Rivard
twitter.com/ryrivard | 304.389.9982