"clean the place" as in "let's get together"

Gerald Cohen gcohen at MST.EDU
Sun Sep 26 21:34:59 UTC 2010

Here's more idle speculation:
Keep in mind the expression "clean out the Augean stables."  The message of
the contentious fellow might have been: "We'll put our differences aside
and work together to make things better." But what he left unspoken
was his conviction that making things better really entails cleaning
up the huge mess left by the political party he disagrees with.

Gerald Cohen

---> -