You never know.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 27 04:18:43 UTC 2010

As a lagniappe from a Catalan bookseller, I've received a reproduction
of the cover of Renacimiento Aragones, an Aragonese-nationalist
journal. It shows, in the foreground, three guys on a mountaintop
struggling to raise a young telephone-pole to which has been attached
the Aragonese flag.

I immediately recognized this as a rip-off of the raising of the
American flag on Mount Suribachi.

Surprisingly, though, the date on this cover is

no.1, 15 de octubre de _1935_.

I've heard and read for dekkids that the Suribachi photo was staged.
Since what I have is only a repro of a supposed original that was
extremely unlikely to have been seen by some random
combat-photographer, well ... Further deponent sayeth not, because

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
–––