"blue laws", 1755

Barbara Need bhneed at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 29 02:20:28 UTC 2010

Well, in England under Anglicanism, Nonconformists (Methodists,
Presbyterians, etc.) and Catholics had to pay a fine to worship. I
don't know the dates of this, though I think it ended some time in the
mid-1800s. Antidisestablishmentarianism has something to do with all
of that.

Barbara

Barbara Need
Ithaca