noodleback

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Sat Apr 2 14:14:04 UTC 2011

On Apr 1, 2011, at 10:16 PM, Victor Steinbok wrote:

> Is this the feminine version of "girlie men"?
>

> On 4/1/2011 8:44 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>> ... -- take off your lace panties...

googling turns up a modest number of occurrences of "noodleback" 'spineless person', from speakers/writers both male and female, directed at targets both male and female (but mostly male), and mostly (but not entirely) in a political context.

an example, from a commenter Seaplane Pilot (in NH):

These spineless, noodleback hacks in Concord (yes, I mean you Governor and you State Reps and Senators that fell for this BS) need to be voted out of office. They are destroying this State and what it stands for.
 http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79305

then, independently, there's a style of chair called "noodleback" or "noodle back".

arnold