anymore

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 4 11:59:11 UTC 2011

No one has mentioned these, so I thought I would throw them in the pot:

I am comfortable using the adjectival "any more" as two words: "Is there any
more chicken?"

I use the negative adverb "anymore" in speech, but hate writing it, although
I will use it in semiformal writing.

I can't think of an instance of the positive adverb that doesn't clang in my
ear.

DanG
who spent about six years of his life in the UK, so his speech isn't pure
anything anymore...