"fellow" = "A black man"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 6 00:32:34 UTC 2011

I didn't know the first two editions of the OED were so stellar on
colonial slang. It would not surprise me that there were wrong on that
definition entirely. It would also not surprise me if they simply picked
two lame examples. I don't think the OED citations should settle the
existential question--but that's just /my/ opinion.

     VS-)