Bimbo bread!

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 16:23:07 UTC 2011

:) ~Beemboe for "bimbo"?  Why not?  Precedence is set with "gringo" and "bingo" where the "i" is pronounced ~ee.  Even "talking" dictionaries say it thus, ~greengoe and ~beengoe though the accompanying written phonetics has short i ~i instead of long e ~ee.  Basically the written phonetics is incorrect and the speakers are correct here as I hear it.

"Bimbo" will always be ~bimboe to me.  But "gringo" is not like "grin go" nor "bingo" like "bin go".  Thoes "i"s change to ~ee.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, then Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 9.
The FREE English-based phonetic converters, URL and text , are at truespel.com