"fellow" = "A black man"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 16:27:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Charles C Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> wrote:
> took offense at the amicably-intended query, "Which one is your boy?"

The colored fellow may have been, as is said these days, "fronting,"
or faking it. Now that it's become possible to fuck over white people
and live to tell the story, a lot of bruthas enjoy messing with The
Man's mind, just because they can.

I can't possibly know this, of course, but I really doubt that a black
would become truly upset in the situation that Charlie describes.
However, I can easily imagine that a black person would take advantage
of such a situation to go one up - from the black person's POV - on a
white person.

I myself can recall that, time was, if a white person simply spoke to
me as though I was nothing more than a random human being who just
happened to be within earshot, I would actually feel fucking HONORED!

This is no shit.;-)

Nowadays, it's nothing special amongst the colored for a person to get
pissed off when addressed by a white person simply as another person
--
-Wilson
-----