"The N-Word of the Narcissus." By Joseph Conrad

Jocelyn Limpert jocelyn.limpert at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 23:09:50 UTC 2011

Your animals may not have souls, but mine do -- at least as much as any
humans, many of whom don't seem to have much of a soul either! In fact,
those in the animal world are much more compatible (and smarter and blessed
with more common sense) than a disproportionately large number of our fellow
humans, the "n" word applying to many of them (as in "narcissistic") but not
to any animals I've met of either sex!