Disingenuine

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Sun Apr 10 00:17:41 UTC 2011

>From a friend's Facebook update:

In the 1990s when there was money to be made on the right, [Arianna
Huffington] was more conservative than Pat Buchanan. Now that there is money
on the left, she's on the far left. She sold the Huffington Post for
billions of dollars. She is disgusting and disingenuine. I hope it catches
up to her.

Not in the Eggcorn Database as far as I can tell, though it is in Urban
Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Disingenuine

It's also in an entry at the website for Verbotomy, "the create-a-word
game":
http://www.verbotomy.com/verbottle.php?jargonism_id=14201
Disingenuine
Created by: Rutilus
Definition: n A lie told by a politician which is not really a lie, because
in their heart of hearts, they are pretending it is true. v. To believe you
are telling the truth even though you know it's really not.
Pronunciation: dis-in-jen-yoo-in
Sentence: Clarence was a smooth parliamentarian; he was intelligent,
articulate, charismatic and debonaire. Versed in the art of spin, his web of
lies glittered before all like the truths they really were not. He was the
complete disingenuine politician and the nation loved him for it.
Etymology: disingenous - misleading, calculating; genuine - real, true

Also at Wordnik: http://www.wordnik.com/words/disingenuine