Aeschylus, G.B. Shaw at it again

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 13 03:40:00 UTC 2011

Barry P got a head start. It's also a popular quotation to try to
track down, with sources listing Lincoln, Winchell, Shaw, Cyrus Ching,
and a couple of others not worth mentioning.

http://goo.gl/hjrXb

But Winchell cannot be "the source" as he cites another anonymous
source in 1948--and Ching shows up earlier.

The flip version has been around since 19th century:

> "Never try to teach a pig to sing, it only wastes your time and annoys the pig".

VS-)