false-flag operation

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 16 17:09:50 UTC 2011

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura explained to Piers Morgan
on CNN that "most wars are begun by false-flag operations." (I bet that
includes the American Revolution and the Civil War. Obvious when you think
about it!!! But maybe he just means recently.)  The discussion concerned the
events of Nine-Eleven and Ventura's assertion that John F. Kennedy's
assassination signaled a successful "fascist coup d'etat," which is still in
place. (He explained how the Obama administration proves it.)

OED has no entry for "false-flag" anything.  GB has nothing on "false-flag
operation" before the 1980s.   Not that the idea hadn't been around.

Of the Civil War, Whitman famously wrote that "The real war will never get
in the books."  What did he really know?? When did he know it??  Later, he
was dead.

JL