When life hands you lemons

Mark Peters markpeters33 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 18 16:57:43 UTC 2011

I'm writing an article about variations of "When life hands you lemons, make
lemonade."

People make up new variations every single day, but I'm trying to get ahold of
popular distortions, like these:

When life hand you lemons, just say fuck the lemons and bail.
 --Paul Rudd in Forgetting Sarah Marshall

When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold
--album title by Atmosphere

When life hands me lemons, I make beef stew!
--Andy Milonakis Show theme song

If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the lemons (maybe by
shoving them down his throat).
--Jack Handey

When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?"
--Henry Rollins (I haven't verified this one yet)

Any others come to mind? Or any pieces on lemon-ology you can recall? Appreciate
any tips!

Mark
http://twitter.com/wordlust