false-flag operation

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 19 12:40:04 UTC 2011

Also to the point is that a "false-flag operation," as the term is
currently used, has nothing to do with ruses at sea during wartime. It
refers instead to any deception in which an innocent target of aggression is
made to look like the perpetrator of a _casus belli_.

The most notorious "false-flag operations" were probably the
Japanese dynamiting of part of the Japanese railway in Manchuria in 1931
(blamed on the Chinese and used as a casus belli), and the German raid on
one of its own radio stations on the Polish border in 1939 by an SS force.
The corpses of concentration camp prisoners, dressed in Polish army
uniforms, were left for verisimilitude.

That was the incident which "compelled" Germany to invade Poland to "protect
its borders from Polish aggression."

Gov. Ventura contends that most wars,  including evidently the "War on
Terrorism," begin with similar "false-flag operations."

JL