monstrous

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 14:47:39 UTC 2011

Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard a living human - on or off the
screen - use "monstrous" as an adv.

It's soooo lower-class 19th C.

HDAS, going way out on the limb of inclusiveness, has a single cite of
"monstrous" meaning "remarkable; 'immense'" : "Great. Monstrous. Really
talented cat."

The year was 1968 - when it was still hip to call dudes "cats."

JL