more "X sucks"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Apr 21 21:16:27 UTC 2011

Does the analysis distinguish among:

"It (or some non-personal thing, like "my job") sucks" -- for which I
receive no sexual or scatogical connotations.

"He/she/someone sucks" -- for which I would normally have none of the
above, unless context pointed to it.

The imperative "Suck off" -- for which I perceive a sexual
antecedent, but do not see as "go perform fellatio".

Etc.?

And I suppose that current meaning/association may have little
relationship to origin?

Joel