Heard on Springer: _baby daddy_, etc. (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Apr 22 19:30:32 UTC 2011

At 2:19 PM -0500 4/22/11, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>Caveats: NONE
>
>I heard on one of the Judges lately a woman refer to a "nasty daddy",
>which was explained to the judge to be a somewhat older man who is
>hitting on girls too young for his self.  Strong connotation of
>creepiness.

I was going to suggest that a Splenda daddy might be used for someone
who was masquerading  as a sugar daddy but before posting I thought
of checking on urbandictionary and sure enough:

'A man who strives to be a Sugar Daddy but just doesn't have the
funds to pull it off.'
'A man who is willing to be a sugar daddy, but has a serious lack of funds.'

And various sites offer "Splenda Daddy" T-shirts and other
paraphernalia, but without a gloss.

LH