moments in sports

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 24 21:30:57 UTC 2011

Probably nothing new here. Just save it for the files.

The NHL is referring to it as "an obscene gesture". The reporters
alternately called "the finger" or "the middle finger", but Andrew Ference
referred to his own gesture as an "unintentional bird".

"I was pumping my fist. I wasn't giving anybody the bird or anything like
that. It's like I told [Murphy], it was an unintentional bird that I
obviously apologize for. It wasn't meant to insult anybody, especially the
whole row of cameras and fans in the Bell Centre sitting there. That's
definitely not my intentions."
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=6406516

Intentional or not, it cost him $2500

VS-)