"He needed _for_ me to tell him..."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 26 23:15:15 UTC 2011

The above is from a post to 78thASA. For a very long time, I've had a
vague memory that I once lived among people who ordinarily used
constructions like it:

"They want for you to go uptown."

But I couldn't be certain because I couldn't recall an actual instance
in which someone spoke that way to me or even an instance in which I
had overheard it said to someone else.

It's nice to see that it really exists.

Oddly, simple _for to_ is, IME from listening to "guests" on shows
like Maury, Springer, and The Judges, fairly common:

"She wanted me to stop by for to drive her to the club."

--
-Wilson
-----