"Let's get you that tattoo finished."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 27 12:07:26 UTC 2011

That was one rash professor.

Also, I don't find the dative in the "tattoo" sentence at all odd. What is
odd, however, is the syntax with "finished."  I'm not sufficiently expert in
syntactical description to go much beyond that.

JL