The manner in which it was arrived

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 3 17:50:38 UTC 2011

This example intrigued me:

> Though I agree: it would be hard to misread this in the context it appears [in].
>  (Derek Wykoff, comment 3/23/11 on Facebook)

The omission of the duplicate "in" doesn't sound wrong to me, although
it does in this similar example:

...taking place in the same gym that Integrity, along with all the
other groups, had displays [in] during General Synod.
 (card from Chris Ambidge of 5/9/10, about an evening of square
dancing at Brock University)

I note that the first example above is not a that/where example.
DanG