Heard on Springer: _give it up_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 5 17:39:52 UTC 2011

Twenty-ish black male speaker, addressing his wife:

"Blah, blah, bah! And you don't even hardly let me have sex no more!"

Twenty-ish, black female speaker, in response:

"Why *should* I _give it up_ to you, when you don't do *nothing* to help me?"

This has to do with my earlier post claiming that the ritualized
practice of calling upon audiences to "give it up" is a sex-based pun
entirely understood as such by those audience.

_Get up off of (it)_ has the same, ritualized, sexual meaning, as in
the well-known(?), punning blues verse,

If I can't sell it
Then I'm going to keep on sitting on it
Because