Follow-up on sluff - play hooky, slack off

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 9 17:47:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> 1978 Â  Â Detroit Free Press 2 Apr. 19 c/3 Â  East
> is now squeezed in the red suits虐e must either
> give up a trick to the jack of hearts or

_sluff_

> two diamonds, which sets up declarer's third diamond.

So, _sluff_ in the sense of "discard" in a card game *isn't* only a BE thing!

I never cease to be amazed by the impenetrability of the Cotton
Curtain. You really *do* never know!

--
-Wilson
-----