More on substituting

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 14 11:40:29 UTC 2011

Fox News reports that workers at the Ground Zero site have been getting
drunk on their lunch hour, "taking lunchtime at the local pub, substituting
food for shots and suds!"

The line, as part of a quick news summary, was evidently scripted and not
spontaneous.

So ol am I that even though I get the idea, I still can't "make sense" of
the syntax. It's nightmarish.

JL