Throat singing

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 15 03:21:52 UTC 2011

I suppose, it's a fair interpretation. I am more familiar with Tibetan
"tantric chant" and with Inuit "duets" than with Altaic "throat singing".
What I heard of Tuva "singing", it is similar to Tibetan, except it's done
by individuals (males). But I don't have a full picture of Altaic throat
singing, so I can't comment on significant differences. Wiki on Inuit
singing makes it clear that female duos are unusual compared to Altaic
types, but it does not make it clear what the differences are--well, other
than it's not women and not two people. So I'll plead ignorance.

VS-)