"Cock"

Tue Aug 16 16:32:17 UTC 2011

I found my 1982 abridged edition of "Slang and Euphemism" by Spears, which cites 1800s and before for this use.

"6. the female genitals. In much of the Southern U.S. and Caribbean, "cock" refers to the female organs exclusively. Possibly related to COCKLES (q.v.). Cf. sense 2. [U.S. dialect and Negro stage, 1800s and before] 7.. women considered solely as sexual objects. From sense 6. 8. to receive a man in copulation, said of a woman. [British, 1800s, Farmer and Henley]"

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA