"and nor" -- British, or foot-in-mouth?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Aug 17 20:55:13 UTC 2011

Andy Coulson ("editor of the News of the World, 2003-07") is quoted
by the NYTimes, Aug.17, page A3 New England Edition, as having said
in July 2009 to Parliament:

"I have never condoned the use of phone hacking, and nor do I have
any recollection of incidences where phone hacking too place."

(As an aside, this is not only "I avow not" but also "I don't remember".)

As Jon L. would ask, is there a community of speakers who use "and not"?

I vote for foot-in-mouth, considering the use of "incidences" instead
of "incidents".  (The possible senses of "incidence" = "incident" (in
sense 1) are marked by the OED as Obs., and are off-target -- don't
connote "event" -- anyway.)

Joel