_-jacking_

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 26 23:04:06 UTC 2011

Clickjacking is the use of a script overlayed on a frame on a web page--when
you click on the buttons in the frame, it leads to undesirable results. The
word appears frequently if you install NoScript extension in Firefox or
Chrome.

One of the names for the NOTW scandal was "phone jacking". There are other
uses of phone-jacking. One I've spotted recently was using a cell phone to
take a photo of a credit card while standing next to the register in a store
or video recording someone entering the passkey at an ATM.

I've spotted "Blue-jacking"--getting access to an unprotected phone or
laptop via BlueTooth.

Side-jacking is one of the names for swiping information off smartcards via
RFID access. A.K.A. "I-jacking" (identity jacking).

Cookie-jacking is to cookies what click-jacking is to clicks.

lo-jacking is the opposite kind of jacking--associated with "LoJack". One
page I spotted mentions "lo-jacking your dog".

Card jacking--stealing credit card information as an extension of authorized
access, e.g., by waitstaff at a restaurant. Also occasionally refers to
what's listed above as phone-jacking.

Seat-jacking is actually a very common bike crime (stealing quick-release
seats), but some people use the expression for other purposes.

VS-)