noun attributive

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 27 03:10:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM, David Barnhart
<dbarnhart at highlands.com> wrote:

> This seems like the logical, historical, and adequate term to me.
>
> Regards in advance of Irene (for those of you who are about to be visited),

"Different strokes," etc.;-)

Apparently, for those of us residing in NE PA, Irene will *not* be the
second coming of 1972's Hurricane Agnes, when floodwaters of the
Susquehanna rose to four feet on the *second* floor of my wife's
family manse, leading to the loss of her high school yearbook and the
demise of Daphne, the family kitty, among other tragedies.

Astoundingly, the house itself *survived* and is now occupied by the
current patriarch and his family.

I was at Chapel Hill at the time. I recall that there was hella rain,
but not a whole lot of damage there.

Can I get a witness, Ron?

BTW, a preacher "gets a witness" when at least one member of the
congregation responds with "Amen [,e:'mAn]!"

"Can I get a 'Amen!'?!" and "Say 'Amen!'(, somebody)!" are variants.

--
-Wilson
-----

Your HTML signature here