"critter"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sat Aug 27 16:26:29 UTC 2011

--

Not I.

If there was such a usage with wide currency, would the "Crispy
Critters" cereal name have been introduced twice (1960's, 1987 re Wiki)?

I have myself encountered two slang [sub-]senses which I don't see in a
glance at the usual books: (1) "critter[s]" = "small child[ren]" [I
think maybe usually humorous or lightly disparaging, something like "rug
rat"]; (2) "the critters" = "the crabs" (i.e., crab-louse infestation).

-- Doug Wilson