"critter"

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 28 00:24:45 UTC 2011

A quick Wiki look:

Crispy Critters was a breakfast cereal, which was re-issued by Post Cereals
> in 1987 after having been tested unsuccessfully during the 1960s. This
> second attempt to popularize this cereal was also unsuccessful and it was
> discontinued shortly thereafter.
> The cereal consisted of individual pieces that were akin to miniature
> animal crackers in their shape, appearance, taste and texture.

OK, neither 1964 nor 1987 sounds like a good year to try out the cereal,
given the alternative context. This is worse than the apocryphal "Nova".

1960s commercial is here: http://goo.gl/FA9KP
1987 here: http://goo.gl/PNQud  and  http://goo.gl/IEvXY  (boy and girl
versions)

Then, there is this:

http://www.crispycritterslasvegas.com/

> Crispy Critters is a pest control and termite inspection company in Las
> Vegas, NV. We are proud to offer the most trustworthy and professional
> service in Las Vegas.

VS-)