OT: Heard on Judge Greg Mathis's show: "Racism!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 29 23:15:55 UTC 2011

Early-thirty-ish white, female speaker, WRT to her accuser, eadem:

"She's a racist. She's even a member of the Klan! … Why, on her
Facebook page, she wrote,

'Barack Obama has screwed more people than Tiger Woods'!"

Judge Greg, a colored fellow, laughed so hard that tears came into his
eyes. Later, he reprised the one-liner, laughed some more, and
commented that joking isn't inherently racist, "especially if it's
funny!"

IMO, the joke's pretty lame. OTOH, suddenly attempting to make
heretofore empty and practically non-occurrent words like _tar-baby_
and _critter_ into "racist slurs" is even lamer, a tremendous waste of
psychic energy.

Like, there's not sufficient genuine racism already in existence? Deal
with that! There's no need to hunt everywhere in an effort to discover
more of its supposed manifestations, while continuing simply to ignore
the real ones.

E.g., I wouldn't be surprised to discover white writers saying that
they would never have begun to concern themselves with trivialities
like "tar-baby" and "critters," if the African-Americans themselves
hadn't made a big deal out of them.

BTW, there a new, online dating service that advertises itself as
catering to "black" singles.

Can you believe it?! I'm simply astounded! I'm starting a petition at
Change.org asking that these people use the
long-since-become-politically-correct "African-American" in place of
the antiquated-at-best, racist-at-worst "black."  I assume that I have
the support of everyone here in this extremely-worthy,
bleeding-heart-liberal, anti-racism-ly endeavor.

As Richard Pryor stated unequivocally, nearly forty years ago (edited):

"I'm not black! I'm [African-American]!"

--
-Wilson
-----