We're all Keynesians now -- ("Ich bin ein Berliner")

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Thu Dec 1 16:11:04 UTC 2011

On 12/1/11 8:10 AM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:
> Neiither of the first two links contradict the claim that JFK said "I
> am a jelly doughnut".
>
> The first states that the audience understood what he meant.
>
> The second states that it would have sounded silly to say it correctly
> because of JFK's accent, so saying it incorrectly was preferred.
>
> The third link seems broken.

TAKFAC is no more as a site. If it matters, I can ask the former
maintainer if the archive has been ported anywhere else. Meanwhile, see
also:

http://www.snopes.com/language/misxlate/berliner.asp

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963