We're all Keynesians now -- (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Dec 1 20:15:39 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

The analogy in the second link posted by Ben seems appropriate.

Suppose Angela Merkel came to America, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
We have a city called "New York", of which a resident is called a "New
Yorker".  There is also a magazine called "The New Yorker".  If she,
wanting to express solidarity with the citizens of New York, had said "I
am a New Yorker", it would be accurate to convey what she had said as "I
am a magazine."  But obviously she didn't mean that, and you've got to
be kind of a jerk/pedant to say that what she said should be interpreted
that way, even though that is what she said.

Behalf Of

------

----

======