Quote: Henry Ford the banking system and a revolution tomorrow

Ken Hirsch kenhirsch at FTML.NET
Tue Dec 6 20:45:15 UTC 2011

Congressional Record—House
Volume 81, p. 2528
March 19, 1937
http://www.lexisnexis.com/congcomp/getdoc?CONG-RECORD-ID=CR-1937-0319
Congressman Charles Binderup on the floor of the House of Representatives:

  It was Henry Ford who said, in substance, this: “It is perhaps well
  enough that the people of the Nation do not know or understand our
  banking and monetary system, for if they did I believe there would be
  a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Binderup's speech was also printed in
Social Justice, Father Coughlin's Weekly Review
Volume  III, No. 16 (April 19, 1937), pp. 5,10
"Depression Plotted by Federal Reserve, Charge of Binderup"
http://www.unz.org/Publication/SocialJustice-1937apr19

I have a very low opionion of Binderup's reliability, since he
is responsible for popularizing the "Colonial Scrip" hoax:

http://21stcenturycicero.wordpress.com/fraud/how-benjamin-franklin-made-new-england-prosperous/

The attribution of the "revolution before morning" quote to Andrew Jackson
is almost certainly an example of what I like to call "quotum
entanglement". The alleged Ford quote no doubt appeared next to some
similarly-themed quote from Andrew Jackson and someone copied it with the
attribution that appeared before the quote instead of after (or vice
versa). I once found a quote from John William Gardner attributed to James
Garfield for no apparent reason except that the quotes must have been
sorted alphabetically by author.

Please note this new source of searchable texts, many from the 20th century:

  http://www.unz.org/Publication/AllBooks?View=Search
  http://www.unz.org/Publication/AllPeriodicals?View=Search

Ken Hirsch